Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 16: time management, part two

I thought that if I ended my workday three hours earlier in preparation for this challenge, that I would have enough time to exercise three hours a day. Falsehood. Emails are going unanswered, food is going unbeaten, errands are going undone, and forget work. On top of that, last night was one of those nights that I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't fall back to sleep. Hello, overtraining. It has been a while.

Today, I almost skipped. There was just too much to do that I couldn't put off. I had exactly 3 hours at the end of my day before I had to leave the gym, and I have work to do. I was halfway through, I had done an extra day this week, and it was a full marathon. Didn't I deserve a midterm break? Plus, I wanted to nap.

But heroes don't become heroes because they take a nap when the going gets tough. When my last client left for the day at 2, and I had only walked 1.5 miles, I took my iPad to the cycling studio, where you will find me now; pedaling and dictating my workouts, my emails, and these blog posts for 2 hours so far.

Siri and I seriously need to talk about her listening comprehension.

No comments: